BackLED S Plus G3
Product family features
- Connected with flexible cables
- Type of protection (modules): IP66
- Color rendering index Ra: > 80
- CE marked, ENEC certified, UL recognized component
- Lifetime (L70/B50): 50,000 h
- Module efficacy: up to 130 lm/W
Product family benefits
- Uniform illumination at high LED pitches thanks to Square Lens technology
- Modules are compatible with BackLED mounting profile
- Significantly better application efficiency compared to systems without lenses
- Several options for quick and simple mounting: bolting or snap-in
- Consistent white light (Standard Deviation of Color Matching SDCM: < 3)
- ENEC certified
- 5 year guarantee
Equipment / Accessories
- BackLED mounting profile BA-SM-MP
- Several types of OPTOTRONIC 12 V power supplies available
Information about Family
The IP66-protected and robustly encapsulated LED modules of the BackLED S Plus G3 are joined by flexible cables and both CE marked and UL listed, with a long lifespan and module efficacy of up to 130 lm / W. This module is particularly useful for signage and illuminated advertising; you can also use it to light small and/or flat channel letters and to backlight single or double-sided light boxes. You can install it outside, permanently, as long as it is within an enclosed light box or channel letters. BackLED S Plus G3 gives you consistent white light (SDCM < 3), uniform illumination at high LED pitches thanks to its Square Lens technology, and significantly better application efficiency than systems without lenses. BackLED S Plus G3 is ENEC certified and comes with a 5 year guarantee.
Areas of application
- Signage and illuminated advertising
- Backlighting of small and/or flat channel letters
- Backlighting of single and double-sided light boxes
- Permanent outdoor use in enclosed light boxes or channel letters
References / Links
For more information on the multi-level guarantee and the terms and conditions of the guarantee visit www.osram.com/system-guarantee
Ecodesign regulation information:
- This product is considered to be a "containing product" in the sense of Regulations (EU) 2019/2020 and (EU) 2019/2015.
- Tolerances of the reported values, are according to LED Modules Performance standard IEC/EN 62717.
- In general, the replacement of the contained light sources without permanent damage to the product with the use of common available tools is possible in the final application when they can be dismantled from the installation environment and substituted for the necessary number of light sources restoring its full electrical/mechanical/thermal/optical functionality by means of a professional installer.
- Dismantling of light sources from containing products at end of life: Containing products with light sources which are scalable in length can be cut to the length of the contained light source and if applicable mechanically detached from protective and/or optical covers. Containing products shall be separated from building material and/or from other additional mounting accessories by means of a professional installer.
Separate control gear and light sources must be disposed of at certified disposal companies in accordance with Directive 2012/19/EU (WEEE) in the EU and with Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations 2013 in the UK. For this purpose, collection points for recycling centres and take-back systems (CRSO) are available from retailers or private disposal companies, which accept separate control gear and light sources free of charge. In this way, raw materials are conserved and materials are recycled.