How to setup triggers for the dry contacts on Butler XT2?

e:cue Forum Foren English Discussion Forums e:cue LAS (Lighting Application Suite) (E) How to setup triggers for the dry contacts on Butler XT2?

Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      mhlighting
      Teilnehmer

Hello there,

I can’t get this working and didn’t find a solution by searching forum and manual.

I just want to use the dry contacts on the Butler but can’t find the specific trigger events in the trigger list…

Any help very appreciated!

Martin

bkruse
      Teilnehmer

Hi,

that is quite simple: in Device Manager window, doulbe click the Butler XT2.
      Go to the second tab “Settings” and click the input you want to assign an Action to.

These triggers/actions are exported and work in online and in offline Mode.
      See also Defining triggers for Butler S2/XT2 and ETH2DALI standalone and other articles on our Blog!

Hope that helps,
      Björn

mhlighting
      Teilnehmer

Thank you! Thats what I was looking for. Meanwhile I’ve come across another thing:

Is it possible to set up a cuelist to start automatically in standalone mode on the Butler? I guess it is, but I also didn’t find the solution….

Thanks a lot!

bkruse
      Teilnehmer

Hi,

just use an “Initialization” Trigger Rule (not matter if “On Reset” or “Load Show”).
      It will fire on startup of XT2 and “on exit online mode”.

Bests, Björn

mhlighting
      Teilnehmer

Thanks!!

mhlighting
      Teilnehmer

Hello again,

I tried to use the initialization trigger rule, but it doesn’t work. Also the export diaolg says, that the trigger is not supported in standalone mode and doesn’t get exported. Any ideas?

I also have another question: How can I know which actions are supported in standalone and which aren’t?

I found this document in the blog: http://blog.ecue.com/?page_id=875

But I don’t get the second part where it says for example:

“set intensity for selected outputs” – this is what I’m trying to create. Which action should I use for this? Because actions with V-Masters aren’t supported in standalone as the document also states above. How can I actually set levels of cuelists in standalone? What exactly is the meaning of “current output” in this document?

Thanks for any help on this!

bkruse
      Teilnehmer

Hi,

thanks for pointing this out and sorry for the confusion. The article you mention contains screenshots from the older Butler XT documentation (I will ensure we update this).

Please use this as reference http://blog.ecue.com/?p=341
      For Butler XT2, there is no “selected output” anymore. You can use the Set/Step Intensity actions to control Cuelist Submasters, Versatile Masters and the Grand Master. For a Versatile Master to work, you have to set it to be the “Extra Submaster” in the Cuelist Properties.

hope that helps,
      Björn

Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.