Serilization error

e:cue Forum Foren English Discussion Forums Support (E) Serilization error

Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      Tue Selmer Friborg
      Teilnehmer

I have a show file, which suddenly stopped working. When I try to open it I get the following:

[0] 26/10/2016 15:30:13: Loading Show
      [2] 26/10/2016 15:30:18: CFixtureLib::Serialize:1480: MAGIC_END FIXTURELIB_MAGIC invalid! 0x00000000 instead of 0x2b2e1ecd
      [0] 26/10/2016 15:30:18: Loading Show done in 5.280 sec
      [2] 26/10/2016 15:30:18: BAD FILE CATCH: CHECK_MAGIC_END is not FIXTURELIB_MAGIC
      [6] 26/10/2016 15:30:18: Serialization Error. Loading the show file failed!

What can I do? It’s kind of urgent to me.
      I’m running MediaEngine2 with Programmer V5.3

Best regards,

Tue

Hello Tue,
      This Errormessage
      “[2] 26/10/2016 15:30:18: CFixtureLib::Serialize:1480: MAGIC_END FIXTURELIB_MAGIC invalid! 0x00000000 instead of 0x2b2e1ecd”
      sounds like a libraryfile is not working. The first step would be to start the programmer without a show, much like a “clean start” and to check if a later version of your file exists and is running nice and smoothly. Then you should try to find out what and when changed, e.g. libraries that were moved and so on. If everything works but your one fixture you should see if you can reimport it or just build it up again from scratch.
      The second idea would be to export your show and all additional user libraries to another pc and to see if it runs there. if it does, your lce might have a software problem

Tue Selmer Friborg
      Teilnehmer

Hi Christopher

Thanks for your reply.
      The older version of the same file runs fine.

The affected file won’t run on any computer. It used to work fine, but today the MedianEngine2 was getting a bit unresponsive, so I wanted to make a restart. Unfortunately I couldn’t access windows to make it shut down, so I had to make a hard reset. After this the file could not be opened.

I didn’t make any changes in the patch between the new and the old version. Only changes to levels and a few effects.

Since it has been running fine for a long time, I would guess that the error has to do with the hard reset of the MediaEngine2

Unfortunately I can’t redo the changes, so I really need to get the affected file running. Any help is appreciated.

/Tue

Hello Tue,
      Why dont you post your file and the external user library in here and we can check if the file itself is corrupted?
      The problem might be, that you turned it off during an autosave snapshot.
      BTW, is autosave on? There is a temp-folder in which autosave files are written.
      If so, you might be able to load a previous version of your showfile

bkruse
      Teilnehmer

Hi,

unfortunately this sounds very much like your showfile got corrupt during the hard reset. You don’t have a backup of that file?
      Or something else (malicious software?) changed that file, which is very unlikely, even

It also sounds like your hard drive might be close before a collapse, so please make sure you have a backup of all relevant data.

Hope that helps,
      Björn

Hello Björn,
      Maybe you can tell him where autobackups are being stored IF this option was checked?

bkruse
      Teilnehmer

Hi,
      not sure if this feature was available in V5.3 already, but if, then it writes something like this to the Main logbook:
      Automatic backup to ‘…Showfile_DateTime.shw’…

Bests, Björn

Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.