VMC Will not enter DVI capture mode – Only outputs DMX when connected in Patchelor

e:cue Forum Foren English Discussion Forums e:cue Hardware (E) VMC Will not enter DVI capture mode – Only outputs DMX when connected in Patchelor

Ansicht von 1 Antwort-Thema
  • Autor
      mtyndorf
      Teilnehmer

I’ve got a VMC set up to run a couple of ARRI Skypanel fixtures to use as interactive lighting on a film set. There are only 2 or 3 fixtures hooked up at a time so the DMX is fairly straightforward.

My issue is that as I create the map in Patchelor, and upload it to the VMC, the progress bar and status all say that everything is fine, but the DVI indicator on the front of the unit (which indicates that it is recieving and converting DVI data) does not come on, and the unit will not output DMX unless connected to Patchelor. In which case, it does nothing but send out DMX black.

Am I missing something in the config that tells the VMC to enable output? In the configuration of the VMC after the upload it is listing 0 pixels mapped. Should this be correct?

bkruse
      Teilnehmer

Hi,
      sorry for the late reply. If 0 pixels are mapped, please make sure that in Patchelor you assigned the correct Universe to the VMC output ports (in bottom “Devices” panel).
      For example if you create a patch with (say) Universes 1 to 8, but assign the Universes 41 to 48 to your VMC, it will not map anything.

Also the settings of the Video Area are of interest vor the VMC. They should match the DVI signal.

Hope that helps,
      Björn

Ansicht von 1 Antwort-Thema
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.