XML for RDM DATA

Ansicht von 12 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      raccoonpacific
      Teilnehmer

Good day, i have a project required to capture all RDm parameters and put it into XML update on a regular time bases. Do any one has a sample scirpt for that???

Million Tks

bkruse
      Teilnehmer

Hi,

I think I have an example, but I need to look it up.
      For the time being, there is a blog post that might help, see http://blog.ecue.com/?p=601

hope that helps,
      Björn

raccoonpacific
      Teilnehmer

Million thanks , please let me have some hints or work through

raccoonpacific
      Teilnehmer

Million thanks , please let me have some hints or work through
      [/quote]

Thanks for your prompt reply, hopefully we can have command to export all those Dali status like RDM in some day soon

Teddy Petz
      Teilnehmer

Hi Hudson!

I have been trying to export my device data form the Suite via escript for a while now. And so far, ive only seen ways to get datas or infos showed, but through actionpad.
      With no succes of exporting choosen data from RDM via escripting. Sadly.

But i havent reached the end yet, so theres still hope 🙂

bkruse
      Teilnehmer

Hi,

in escript there are the commands Autotext() and Autotext2(), you get access to the result of Action Pad Autotext feature.

Not all RDM information are available via Autotext, for other you need to get back to the escript RDM implemenatation, which I mentioned earlier in this topic. If you get stuck, please mention some minimal example.

Note the request regarding DALI escript commands, adding your vote to it.

Thanks and bests, Björn

Teddy Petz
      Teilnehmer

Hi Björn

But im not sure you totally get what we’re saying.
      If i connect an RDM device, i can reveal info for the dedicated RDM UID,which ive prehands put into the autotext, sure.

I want something, that from which parameters i choose, once a device is connected, it just automaticly does a read out of the device id and the parameters ive specified, and it saves down into a xls file or something.
      I dont want a live view of the different parameters, i want an automatic export to a file with the parameters ive chosen it to export, named by the unique ID ofc.

So if i connect af lamp, the info gets automaticly exported like, RDM UID, lamp hours, power on time, and whatever.

raccoonpacific
      Teilnehmer

Hi Teddy

Now i made in alternative way, , set up the http server and let the others do http request….

There is some many things should be done easily, we are lighting people, not the programmer, i can spend time to learn but the progress is juz painfully slow…..

Teddy Petz
      Teilnehmer

I would have to disagree, we use the program for testing lighting equipment in service and maintenance purposes.
      But i agree to it should be done easier, and ive been working with Ecue for maybe 8 years now.

Ill check up on that alternative later.

bkruse
      Teilnehmer

Hi,

attached an example macro, which lists
      – each (RDM) device.
      – for each, it lists some parameters
      – for each, it lists its subdevices

You should get the idea.
      Please note that not all RDM end-devices support all parameters. To our experience, often even mandatory parameters are not always given.
      Also, some parameters are not that easy to retrieve and to output in a text form.

Hope that helps,
      Björn

raccoonpacific
      Teilnehmer

Thank you so much, Bjorn. what you do is certainly extremely helpful for the user around the world.

I will try that code~

Teddy Petz
      Teilnehmer

Good morning!

I have tried out the script the last hour, and i am getting a readout in the Main window, and the parameters are coming out clean, ive both added and edited them to fit any fixture we might have.
      Like, LED fixtures dont have a lamp hour, and only uses device hours, but on the never robes theres also average temperatures when LED’s on and off, so exciting.

But, i fail to see an exported text file anywhere on my system?
      I would like to after some weeks of routine, and then just go to the system, export a .txt file to my flashdrive, that just has been collecting and collecting, each time a device has been connected.

-And to the different kinds of parameter restrictions, there is 3 different kinds of parameters. Editable, readable, and non-workable. So either you can read and edit, or only read, or not do anything at all 😀

bkruse
      Teilnehmer

Hi,

attached an example how to write data into a csv file.
      Note: This example writes information about devices in Device Manager (like Butler XT2, etc.). So if there are none present, it will just write the header line.

Hope that helps, Björn

Ansicht von 12 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.