Light is simple
The LED damp-proof luminaire range for challenging lighting tasks.
Light is OSRAM
18.05.2017 | Products
Compact Monsun® Efficient in diverse situations
Compact Monsun® is the tried-and-true range of luminaires for challenging tasks in damp and dusty surroundings. Compact Monsun® features maximum reliability, robustness, ease of installation and quality. High quality workmanship, state-of-the-art lighting technology and an elevated IP65 protection rating makes the family of damp-proof luminaires the first choice for lighting in challenging environments, as well as a low-maintenance, energy-efficient lighting solution for a wide variety of tasks. Applications are diverse – ranging from ancillary rooms, stock rooms and utility rooms in rough industrial surroundings to car parks, canopied outdoor areas and the food industry. Compact Monsun® is ideal for a wide range of applications and offers application-orientated lighting solutions for individual lighting needs thanks to four basic versions ('basic', 'pro', 'parking' and 'emergency').
Compact Monsun® – an overview of benefits*
- Optimised, high-efficiency LED system (up to 170 lm/W)
- Wide luminous flux spectrum: from 2.4klm to 10klm
- CRI > 80, light colour 4000K or 6500K
- Luminaire with IP65 protection rating, insulation class I
- Suitable for ambient temperatures of -25°C to +35°C
- Rated service life up to 50,000or 70,000 hrs.
- Robust housing of glass-fibre reinforced polyester
- High-durability cover of opalised PMMA (IK03) or PC (IK08)
- LED touch protection for high installation- and operatingsafety: light engine integrated in the diffuser
- Luminaires with halogen-free wiring
- Two construction lengths: 1277 mm and 1577 mm
- Compliant with IFS, BRC and HACCP specifications for use in the foodstuff industry**
Damp-proof diffuser luminaires of the Compact Monsun® family were developed for the special ambient conditions existing in the industrial and manual trade sectors.
A robust housing of glass-fibre reinforced plastic, an opalised diffuser of PMMA or PC and a special sealing system provide protection against extreme temperatures, critical humidity and difficult ambient conditions. The lighting technology achieves uniformly planar and glareminimised light distribution on the working plane. With wide-ranging and installation-friendly accessories, Compact Monsun® luminaires are suitable for ceiling surface-mounting, suspended mounting and installing to mounting rails.