Using light to fight viruses – Osram presents its first UV-C LEDs
- LED technology makes extremely space-saving disinfection applications possible
- UV-C light can eliminate up to 99.9 percent of viruses and bacteria
- Osram Opto Semiconductors is driving industrialization of UV-C LEDs
ams OSRAM’s high and low power UV-C LEDs can effectively inactivate SARS-CoV-2
- UV-C LEDs such as the Oslon UV 3636 from ams OSRAM inactivate up to 99.99 percent of viruses at a dose of 3,6 mJ/cm²
- Even at very low intensities SARS-CoV-2 virus can be inactivated effectively which allows more efficient system designs for e.g. air disinfection systems
- The UV-C radiation damages the nucleic acid (DNA or RNA) within the virus and therefore not only works for SARS-CoV-2, but independently from the variant
Osram invests in UV LED specialist Bolb Inc.
- Osram acquires around 20 percent of US company Bolb Inc. via its venture capital arm Fluxunit
- Strategic investment is an important building block for the development of cutting-edge UV-C LED products
- Special lighting technology enables disinfection of water, surfaces and air
Our technical experts will be happy to support you and your project. Just post your request in our Technical Support Form.
Webinar by Chris Eichelberger
Making the Case for Emitters and Sensors in Demanding UV-C Disinfection Applications
September 23rd, 2021
Here at ams OSRAM we are innovating a tiny thing with huge possibilities. Leading the way – and lighting the way to a cleaner, safer future. Our UV-C LED technology is transforming how we disinfect and purify what we touch, breathe, eat and drink – all with the pure magic of invisible UV-C light. Learn more about UV-C in this webinar.