CHIPLED - SFH 2716 A01
Providing drivers with perfectly illuminated roads: a compact brightness sensor for headlamp control
The new photodiode SFH 2716 A01 combines a good technical performance and a small package in the most economic way. Typical applications include headlamp control or automatic dimming of dashboard backlighting.
- Very small SMT package
- SMT package 0805, colorless clear resin, 2 mm x 1.25 mm x 0.8 mm
- Special: Adapted to human eye sensitivity (Vλ)
- Spectral range of sensitivity: (typ) 350 ... 1000 nm
- For control and drive circuits
- Ambient light detector
- Exposure meter for daylight and artificial light
- Sensor for backlight-dimming
SFH 2716 A01
The SFH 2716 A01 has a tiny chip with an active area of 0.348 mm2.
As a consequence, its sensitivity is lower and thus yields a photocurrent of 57 microampere (μA) at a brightness of 100 lux (lx).
The chip is mounted in a compact Chipled package measuring only (2 x 1.25 x 0.8) mm and the new photodiode is qualified for automotive applications.