Safety from dusk till dawn
Smart illuminated apparels & accessories to prevent accidents and support rescue.
Smart Textile Illumination
More than 2.8 million workers* die every year. Any second can save dozens of lives. Our vision is to reduce the number of accidents and minimize the number of fatal injuries caused by “lack of visibility” and delayed rescue.
Combine our traditional products with new digital transformation technology to enlighten people and improve their safety with effective & efficient products and solutions.
In close cooperation with our cooperation partner UVEX Safety Textiles, the first innovative LED light modules were integrated into three occupational safety products. In this project, two active luminous UVEX safety vests as well as a UVEX safety jacket (softshell), which are already marketed by UVEX, were created.
Flexible light guides & homogeneous illumination
Suitable for washing & drying process in apparels
Power can be supplied via smartphone or power bank
Integration of the LED light modules in clothing
Softshell-Jacket uvex protection flash + storm
Active lighting for more own security in the dark
When working in the dark or in poor visibility it is necessary to wear extra protection to be seen better. Work wear clothing is often only equipped with reflectors and recognizable when illuminated. In many situations this passive protection is not enough.
People who work in the dark or with limited visibility such as fog or rain, from dusk till dawn are not well seen by other road users. Currently the visibility is increased by integrated reflector strips such as in clothing. These reflector strips are however passive, which means that they only work when they are illuminated by other road users. The integration of self-luminous products from OSRAM creates a kind of active lighting that increases visibility and thus safety on the road independently of other road users.
Advantages and properties
- Homogeneous illumination
- Product design with flexible light guides
- Suitable for washing & drying process in apparels
- Low voltage device
- Efficient LEDs, long system lifetime
- Smartphone or powerbank as power supply
- Increases visibility of user particularly in low light and
- low visibility scenarios
- Envisioning a modular platform for hardware
- lighting modules & software as a service solutions
- App control supports smart features & functionalities
Certificates and Standards
- RoHs and REACH conform
- Tested according to DIN EN 60598
- ISO 9000/9001
Active light for more safety during outdoor activities
- Manufactured by the experts for light, LEDs and sensors
- We offer a quality product made by OSRAM
- Light- and electronic modules can remain in the garment
- while wearing and during washing process
- Development and production for integration into your final product
1. Power supply
- via smartphone or powerbank on the USB port
2. Electronic driver
- USB plug with electronic driver (with Bluetooth connection on demand to control features and functions via apps)
- for realization of individual designs
4. LED unit
- Highly efficient OSRAM LEDs in various color variations
5. Light guide
- for homogeneous light illumination (different designs possible)
(l.) Uvex protection flash vest (r.) Uvex protection flash softshell jacket + storm