Product family features
- Can be divided into the smallest unit or multiples thereof without affecting the function of the remainder of the board
- Dimmable by pulse width modulation (PWM)
Product family benefits
- Low height for low-profile surface/enclosed mounting
- Low thermal output
- Flexible 3-D mounting possible
- Flexible board with double-sided adhesive tape for simple mounting
- LF05A with smaller dimensions and additional cutting options thanks to the use of the LF-2TERM end cap
Equipment / Accessories
- Simplified connection with the optional CONNECTsystem
Information about Family
The low profile of this flexible strip of LEDs, which can be cut into smaller units, makes it an ideal way to illuminate even challenging spaces and structures, and to enhance complex or challenging professional light installations. You can use it to inject light into public displays and low-profile light guides, for advertising, signage and display lighting, to LED backlight complex contours, to light small coves and in a wide range of decorative applications (LF05A). Its flexible board backing and adhesive strip on the reverse make it easy to mold, shape and mount, and you can dim it with pulse width modulation (PWM). LINEARlight FLEX is available in a range of color temperatures and specifications, and some variants have additional cutting options when used with the appropriate accessories.
Areas of application
- Injection of light into displays and low-profile light guides
- Information signs, advertising or display cabinet lighting
- Backlighting of complex contours
- For decorative applications: LF05A
- Small coves and decorative applications
Ecodesign regulation information:
- This product is considered to be a "containing product" in the sense of Regulations (EU) 2019/2020 and (EU) 2019/2015. The contained light source is intended for use in applications requiring high-quality coloured light.
- Tolerances of the reported values, are according to LED Modules Performance standard IEC/EN 62717.
- In general, the replacement of the contained light sources without permanent damage to the product with the use of common available tools is possible in the final application when they can be dismantled from the installation environment and substituted for the necessary number of light sources restoring its full electrical/mechanical/thermal/optical functionality by means of a professional installer.
In the contrary, and limited to the LINEARlight Flex Diffuse, LINEARlight Rigid Finesse, GINO LED Flex Diffuse and LUMINENT Milky product families, the contained light source is an integrated part of the containing product and its removal can only be done by causing a permanent damage to the containing product due to its tight mechanical, electrical, optical, thermal interaction and/or environmental protection with or from the containing product. Therefore, a replacement of the light source with the use of common available tools is not justified.
- Dismantling of light sources from containing products at end of life: Containing products with light sources which are scalable in length can be cut to the length of the contained light source and if applicable mechanically detached from protective and/or optical covers. Containing products shall be separated from building material and/or from other additional mounting accessories by means of a professional installer.
Separate control gear and light sources must be disposed of at certified disposal companies in accordance with Directive 2012/19/EU (WEEE) in the EU and with Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations 2013 in the UK. For this purpose, collection points for recycling centres and take-back systems (CRSO) are available from retailers or private disposal companies, which accept separate control gear and light sources free of charge. In this way, raw materials are conserved and materials are recycled.