Mercury short arc lamps (also referred to by their abbreviation HBO) with a power consumption of between 200 W and 8,000 W are used primarily as a light source in the manufacture of microchips, Liquid Crystal Displays (LCDs) and Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs). In a constant co-operation between OSRAM in its capacity as the manufacturer of lamps and the device manufacturers or the local users, respectively, a wealth of mercury short arc lamps and variants thereof have been developed, which generate the right radiation for virtually any application.
Effective cost of ownership
HBO lamps for UV exposure lithography of integrated circuits:
- Uses the “i-line” of the emission spectrum (365nm) or deep UV emission (254nm).
- Long lifetimes with lowest degradation
HBO lamps for UV exposure lithography of flat panel displays and printed circuit boards:
- Brightest emission in the range 350nm – 450nm
- Designed for constant power and/or constant intensity mode.
HBO lamps for UV exposure of packaging, Mems, LED lithography:
- Used for mask aligners, advanced packaging, wafer inspection