Mercury short arc lamps (also referred to by their abbreviation HBO) with a power consumption of between 200 W and 2500 W are used primarily as a light source in the manufacture of microchips, Liquid Crystal Displays (LCDs) and Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs). Thanks to intensive research and development carried out in collaboration with our customers, OSRAM HBO lamps offer convincing reliability and durability – enabling many new applications for the semiconductor industry.
Effective cost of ownership
HBO lamps for UV exposure lithography of integrated circuits:
- Uses the “i-line” of the emission spectrum (365nm) or deep UV emission (254nm).
- Long lifetimes with lowest degradation.
HBO lamps for UV exposure lithography of flat panel displays and printed circuit boards:
- Brightest emission in the range 350nm – 450nm
- Designed for constant power and/or constant intensity mode.
HBO lamps for UV exposure of packaging, Mems, LED lithography:
- Used for mask aligners, advanced packaging, wafer inspection.