SEM – Secondary Electron Microscopy
The Zeiss SUPRA 55-VP is a scanning electron microscope (SEM) with a field emission electron gun (FEG). This is the brightest type of electron source and gives the highest beam current and resolution capability
The SUPRA is able to handle a wide variety of samples, from the conducting and semiconducting materials, to large, beam sensitive or non-conducting samples. It has a resolution down to nm-range and secondary electron, backscattered and in-lens imaging modes. Measurements can also be taken under a variable pressure.
The system has an Oxford Instruments energy-dispersive X-ray (EDX) spectrometer that allows elemental composition analysis with a detection limit of approx. 0.5 atom%.
In combination with state-of-the-art preparation equipments the SEM is a powerful tool for the analysis of surfaces and cross-sections.
- Imaging from mm to nm scale
- Topography or Element-Density-Contrast
Zeiss Supra 55VP Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscope
- Ultra high resolution at low kV: 1.7nm @ 1.0kV, 4 nm @ 0.1kV
- High efficiency In-lens detector for clear topographic imaging in high vacuum mode
- Ultra stable high current mode X-ray analysis and EBSD applications; better than 0.2%/h
- Large 5-axes motorised eucentric stage